Systems Security Engineer
Location: Chertsey, Portland
Vacancy Number: P0111C/P
As a systems security engineer, you will be responsible for shaping the security design and accreditation/assessment of projects across the entire engineering lifecycle. Working at project level, your contributions will be essential in delivering robust Risk Management and Accreditation Documents (RMADs), Security Operating Procedures (SyOPs), and implementing cutting-edge principles of secure design as they evolve. This is an opportunity to be at the forefront of ensuring the security and integrity of our projects, and your expertise will be highly valued in this critical role.
- Identify possible security threats and determining the best security measures.
- Designing, implement, and maintaining security protocols, policies, plans, and systems to cover all possible security threats.
- Liaise with the system accreditor/assessor to ensure that system requirements are met, and risk is reduced to acceptable levels.
- Determine the physical and cyber security strategy and influence and shape the technical design for each project.
- Build security into the design from concept, development and throughout the engineering development lifecycle.
- Define and articulate acceptance strategies used to verify IA, cyber security, and physical security requirement compliance at appropriate levels of system design.
- Support production of associated customer security assurance evidence.
Qualifications and Skills
- Understanding of UK MOD security policy i.e. JSP 440, JSP 800 series, Secure by Design principles, NIST 800 series, HMG SPF and the IS1&2 risk methodology.
- Competent user of Microsoft office package
- A team player who is action orientated.
- Knowledge of the Defence Industry and Project Development Lifecycle.
- Ability to multitask and prioritise work across multiple projects providing effective solutions to complex technical challenges.
- Good communication skills and with the ability to communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Full driving license
- Proven capabilities within the security application.
- Defence Industry background
- Cyber security knowledge and experience