Systems Integration Engineer
Location: Chertsey, Portland
Vacancy Number: P0151C/P
Join our team as a Systems Integration Engineer and become an integral part of our core, high-performing agile team. Here, you'll collaborate with a group of passionate engineers and dedicated support staff who are enthusiastic about their work. Together, we are embarking on an exciting 10-year program of events that offers a unique and long-term opportunity to make a meaningful impact. Join us in shaping the future and driving innovation as we work towards our ambitious program goals. Your expertise in systems integration will be instrumental in ensuring the success of this exciting journey.
- The research, collation, assessment, and evaluation of cutting-edge sensor technology fit for project use.
- Preparation and generation of technical assessments.
- Maintenance of project registers.
- Using Company templates to generate technical notes, documents configuration handbooks, and drawings relevant to the integration of the selected sensors in the most technically sound and cost-efficient manner, following Company processes and procedures.
- Visiting user sites, exhibitions, and trade shows with some international travel where required.
- Conducting system integration and testing of selected sensors following approved test procedures.
- Liaising with the System Design Authority, Firmware and Software Leads to fix and test issues, patches, faults, or bug fixes and help develop enhanced capability and functionality.
- Achieve mutually acceptable deadlines and provide status reports at weekly management meetings.
- Provide technical training, informed decisions and demonstrations to sponsors and the user community.
Qualifications and Skills
- UK passport and clean UK Driving Licence.
- Must hold UK-NSV Security Clearance and be willing to conduct advanced vetting.
- Must have the ability to assess technical information from manufacturer datasheets and make considered recommendations toward authenticity and correctness.
- 3-5 years of technical or engineering background in embedded systems testing or maintenance.
- Ability to fault find via logical sequence and test equipment.
- Working knowledge of video streaming and dynamic bit rates, various codex, resolution and frame rates and use of media players such as VLC.
- Background in multimedia or embedded systems.
- Working knowledge of delivering into MoD projects or Defence equivalent.
- Working knowledge of Linux or Windows Command Line Interface.
- Royal Signals or equivalent Engineering or technical training.
- Willingness to learn and a solid team player.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 (Word, Excel and Visio)
- Linux, C/C++ and C# knowledge are desirable but not essential.