Senior Systems Engineer (Maritime Communications)
Vacancy Number: P0093C, P0152C
This role encompasses a spectrum of technical responsibilities, including some responsibility of acting Design Authority for specific projects, providing crucial support to our business development endeavours, and ensuring robust engineering governance and support across the Communications domain. The focal point of this role lies in the area of Maritime communication capabilities, both within the UK/NATO and on the international stage, encompassing both current capabilities and those anticipated in the future.
Depending on your experience, this role can be expanded to encompass technical leadership.
- System design, implementation, integration and acceptance for Maritime Communications Projects.
- Technical leadership of multi-disciplinary engineering teams to ensure system designs achieve the operational performance requirements.
- Liaise and collaborate with MOD, industry and other stakeholders.
- Conducting engineering design reviews with project teams and customers.
- Observe, predict scientific, engineering and technological trends to continually improve the business offering.
- Support research activities including customer or PV funded studies and prototype development.
- Production and presentation of technical papers and reports.
- Support the business development team in the preparation and review of technical proposals and solutions.
- Promoting continuous improvement and adoption of new technologies, techniques and processes.
- Mentoring and developing junior staff where required.
- Provision of expert advice to Senior Management Team and the Managing Director.
Essential Skills & Experience
- An in-depth knowledge and experience in Maritime Communication systems and systems engineering.
- Track record of delivering complex system design, implementation, test and integration in the communications domain.
- Strong background in providing technical leadership within project teams and the business.
- Ability to present complex ideas to internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Willingness to work as part of a collaborative enterprise with other companies possibly including short periods of detached duty on customer premises and on-site when required.
- Innovative and creative thinking to solve complex technical problems.
- Ability to work independently and with teams spread across two sites.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- The ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to converse with multi-disciplinary teams (Hardware, software, Firmware, Mechanical) and provide valuable input.
- Ability to attain DV UK security clearance.
- Full driving license.
- Engineering Degree level or equivalent.
- Ability to travel on occasions within the UK & Internationally.