Senior Electronics Engineer (Hardware Lead)
Vacancy Number: P0162C
In this position, you will be the driving force behind the development of electronic hardware, ensuring that our design team not only meets but exceeds customer, company, and legal requirements.
Your responsibilities will span the entire product lifecycle, from the initial conceptual design to the meticulous detailed design phase, and all the way through verification and validation activities. You will be the guiding hand that ensures our electronic hardware is not just exceptional but also compliant with the highest standards.
Join us in this pivotal role where you'll have the opportunity to lead, innovate, and make a lasting impact on our projects. Your expertise will be at the core of our success, and we look forward to having you on our team.
As a Senior Electronics Engineer, you will be:
- Responsible for conceptual design of systems and sub-systems to meet a set of defined requirements.
- Leading a team through implementation of the design and subsequent verification and validation activities.
- Authoring documentation to capture the design for approval within the company and by the customer.
- Demonstrate compliance with the requirements to the customer in the presence of our quality representatives.
Qualifications & Skills
To perform this role successfully, you must have:
- A full understanding of the engineering lifecycle.
- Leadership experience in an engineering team.
- The ability to turn customer requirements into a design concept.
- Experience meeting legal compliance and safety requirements.
- Designing, implementation and testing electronic hardware experience
- Provide mentoring for less experienced engineers.
- Engineering degree or equivalent in electronics or a related discipline.
- Significant experience in electronics design.
- Experience in leading an engineering team.
- Able to obtain UK Security Clearance.
The following experiences are also desirable:
- Experience developing electronics within the defence industry.
- Experience meeting EMC and environmental requirements.