Senior Electronics Engineer
Vacancy Number: P0162C, P0163C
We are pleased to offer a unique opportunity for an Electronics Engineer to join our Maritime Communications development team. This role sits nicely in our Maritime communication capabilities, encompassing both the UK/NATO and international contexts, and spanning both existing capabilities and those foreseen in the future.
The primary function of this role is to expertly translate intricate electronic requirements into state-of-the-art electronic design solutions. Your role will shape the future of electronic capabilities, and your contributions will be instrumental in driving our organisation forward.
A Senior Electronics Engineer is responsible for:
- The architectural and detailed design of electronic solutions to meet requirements.
- Working with other internal design disciplines, and external suppliers, to develop successful design solutions.
- Consideration of design for manufacture and test, to ensure smooth transition to production.
- System integration of solutions, including fault finding.
- Working with external test houses to demonstrate equipment complies with MoD and European standards, including CE/UKCA marking.
- Complying with all health and safety requirements and safe practices and procedures operated by the company.
- Preparation of high-quality documentation and drawings associated with the development lifecycle (e.g.
Bill of Materials, Schematics, and Change Notes), and configuration in accordance with company procedures.
- Assisting and liaising with project team and electronic aspects of products and systems.
- Occasional offsite support to install and maintain products and systems.
Qualifications & Skills
To perform this role successfully, you must have:
- The ability to evaluate, mitigate and manage engineering risks across projects.
- A high level of both verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to multi-task and prioritise workload with a hands-on approach.
- Problem solving and fault-finding skills.
- Broad electronics design experience in both analogue and digital design techniques, including power supply design and design for EMC compliance.
- Experience in all aspects of electronics product design including legislative compliance e.g. UKCA/CE, EMC, RoHS, Safety etc.
- Working knowledge of ECAD tools for circuit & PCB design (Cadence OrCAD desirable).
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products.
- FPGA/Firmware or embedded software design experience.
- RF Design experience.
- Ability to present complex ideas to all levels of the customer community and both internal and external Stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a multi-site team.
- Ability to obtain UK Higher Security Clearance and full UK driving licence.
- Previous experience working with MoD Customers and equipment test standards would be desirable.