Security Systems Engineer
Location: Chertsey, Portland
Vacancy Number: P0111C/P
As the Security Systems Engineer, you will be part of a multi-function engineering team providing cyber security design, including network architectures, implementation and support services. Through practical application, technical governance and security standards compliance in the support of project delivery.
The successful candidate will also work across projects providing supporting documentation including RMADS, SyOps etc. as required.
To provide specialist cyber security and networking knowledge with practical application on multiple projects.
Reporting to: Project Manager
- A solid engineering background, you will be able to assess project cyber security and networking requirements through the application of ‘Security by Design’.
- Be capable of providing cyber security architectural designs.
- Has a full understanding of security accreditation for UK Defence Systems, including production of RMADS, SyOPs and participation in Security Working Groups.
- You will work and communicate at all levels, with internal and external stakeholders as part of a collaborative enterprise with other companies.
- Work independently and collaboratively as part of a wider multi-site team
- Understanding of UK MOD security policy i.e JSP 440, HMG SPF and the IS1&2 risk methodology, GovS Functional Standards, CTAS, DART etc.
- Ability to multitask and prioritise work across multiple projects providing effective solutions to complex technical challenges.
- The ability to design and implement new network solutions to improve resilience and performance.
- Expertise in Networking Infrastructure – TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, RRAS, WAN, RDP, Routers, Switches, Firewalls etc.
- Understanding of information exchange, interconnected networks and network segregation
- Competent user of Microsoft office package i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
- Ability to obtain security clearance (SC & DV)
Desirable Qualifications & Skills
- Computer Science degree or communications engineering qualification or its equivalent.
- The ability to integrate legacy and new systems, with a primary understanding of UK military communications systems.
- Cyber Security certification such as Comp TIA+ or equivalent.
- Knowledge of the IT Defence Industry and Project Development Lifecycle.
- CCNA or CCNP Certified CISCO/Sonic Network Associate or equivalent Professional Network and Routing.
- Ability to maintain network infrastructure through remote management, static routes, managed switches and firewalls.
- Full driving license