Vacancy Number: P0143C; P0181C
You will operate as part of a developing team, responsible for Electronic and Mechanical assembly of equipment from the development and manufacturing of bespoke products to the ongoing support of products to meet customer business needs. This will be achieved by focusing on set customer delivery milestones, of quality, on time and to budget.
Reporting to: Operations Support Manager
- Ability to solder, crimp, undertake mechanical assemblies and cable assemblies. All to be undertaken against the recognised company standards as laid down in IPC-A-610C.
- Surface mount experience and certification to IPC standards would be an advantage.
- Able to work with Job Cards, Production/Development drawings, Test plans, Technical instructions and Process documents.
- Ability to inspect component parts and identify defects prior to and during the manufacturing and assembly process.
- Competently inspect components and sub-assemblies in accordance with the quality standards and production schedule within the required tolerances and technical specification.
- Able to kit parts, hand tools and other equipment to complete assembly ensuring that all materials are correct and to standard, fitting to the required specification.
- Ensure looms are formed against wiring schedules to achieve the required dimensional and visual standard.
- Enable Identification of areas for potential process improvement and communicate opportunities as necessary.
- Participate in the Continuous Improvement activities that are on-going within the workplace with the goal of eliminating waste and reduction in operating costs.
- Ensure all H&S requirements are met, and the assembly area is maintained as a safe, clean and tidy working environment.
- Have the flexibility and adaptability to cover other tasks as required to support the Operations Support Manager and Operations Team.
Desirable Qualifications & Skills
- Ability to obtain UK security clearance.
- Minimum of 2 GCSE’s or their equivalent ideally Maths & English.
- Technical experience in manufacturing, assembly, repair, modification of electronic components or systems.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Proficient with use of hand tools and test equipment.
- Ability to read and understand electronic and mechanical drawings.
- Knowledge of electronic components.
- A basic understanding of electrical & electronics requirements.
- Competent in IPC 610 and 620 standards.
- Good at multi-tasking.
- Computer proficient with Office 365 and the ability to pick up software programmes quickly.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- An enthusiastic self-starter who wishes to learn, develop and progress