Graduate Electronics Engineer
Vacancy Number: P0174C
We are delighted to be growing our electronics opportunities with this new role of Electronics Engineer. In this role, you will collaborate with and learn from a small team of highly-skilled design engineers, contributing to the delivery of high-quality products and systems for the defence industry, specifically at the very start of our Maritime Communications business stream.
To be successful in the role we are looking for you to have experience in translating system requirements into innovative electronic design solutions. Your role will be instrumental in ensuring successful customer acceptance within specified project timelines and budgets.
- Responsible for the architectural and detailed design of electronics solutions to meet requirements.
- Work with other internal design disciplines, and external suppliers, to develop successful design solutions.
- Consideration of design for manufacture and test, to ensure smooth transition to production.
- Systems integration of solutions, including fault finding.
- Work with external test houses to demonstrate equipment complies with MoD and European standards, including CE/UKCA marking.
- Comply with all health and safety requirements and safe practices and procedures operated by the company.
- Prepare high-quality documentation and drawings associated with the development lifecycle (e.g.,) Bill of Materials, schematics and Change Notes), and configuration in accordance with company procedures.
- Assist and liaise with project teams on electronic aspects of products and systems.
- Occasional offsite support to install and maintain products and systems.
Skills and Experience
- Broad electronics design experience in both Analogue and digital design techniques including
- Power Supply Design
- Design for EMC Compliance
- Working knowledge of ECAD tools for circuit & PCB design (Cadence OrCAD desirable).
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise workload with a hands-on approach.
- Problem-solving and fault-finding down to component level.
- Able to work with internal and external stakeholders to develop solutions.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products.
- Strong communication skills both written and oral.