Firmware (FPGA) Engineer
Vacancy Number: P0120C
As a firmware engineer, you will be working within a small team of skilled design engineers, to supply high quality products and systems to the Defence Industry. The successful candidate will have had exposure in translating system requirements to innovative FPGA design solutions, leading to successful customer acceptance within project timescales and budget.
Reporting to: Senior Firmware Engineer
- Responsible for the architectural and detailed design of FPGA solutions to meet requirements.
- Working with other internal design disciplines, and external suppliers, to develop successful design solutions.
- Systems integration of solutions, including fault finding.
- Preparation of high-quality documentation associated with the development lifecycle and configuration in accordance with company procedures.
- Assisting and liaising with project teams on firmware aspects of products and systems.
- Complying with all health and safety requirements and safe practices and procedures operated by the company
Skills and Qualifications
- Broad electronics design experience in digital design techniques with a focus on FPGA technologies including FPGA design in VHDL and FPGA test bench design (Questa/Modelsim).
- Working knowledge of FPGA vendor tools (Vivado/Quartus).
- Knowledge of Lab Test Equipment.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise workload with a hands-on approach.
- Problem solving and fault finding.
- Able to work with internal and external stakeholders to develop solutions.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products.
- Strong communication skills both written and oral.
- Ability to obtain UK Security Clearance & Full UK driving license.
- Previous experience working with MoD Customers ad equipment test standards.
- Degree educated or equivalent qualification.
- DSP experience.
- SoC experience.