System Integration and Installation
Modern military systems are moving away from 'stove-pipe' equipment to integrated systems forming network-enabled capability. Software integration and acceptance testing expertise is therefore a core capability within Drumgrange. We specialise in the integration and installation of specialist communications and electronic systems for use in demanding military and security environments. This includes the adaption of a variety of boat and vehicle platforms.
Drumgrange's system engineering teams have particular expertise in developing and integrating equipment within an existing system/platform infrastructure, whether that is to provide new functionality or to overcome equipment obsolescence.
We produce comprehensive interface control documentation, produce signal stimulators and simulators for interface and system testing. Where necessary, Drumgrange can reverse engineer interface control documentation for legacy equipment where there is limited or unreliable documentation.
Several recent projects with significant integration aspects include:
- Hull Vibration and Monitoring Equipment
- S2054 (Inboard Replacement)
- Naval GPS
- VLF Communications systems
- Classified Server Based Information and Security Systems
- Special Forces Vehicle Communication Systems
System Acceptance and Trials
Drumgrange undertakes, and can support, a wide range of system acceptance activities including Requirements Decomposition and Verification Planning, development of system acceptance test specifications and procedures, Factory Acceptance Testing, Harbour Acceptance Trials, Sea Acceptance Trials and User Trials.
Drumgrange has a wide variety of expertise of integrating and installing electronic equipment on military platforms and on military establishments. These include:
- Surface ships
- Rigid Inflatable Boats (RIBs) and other small military vessels
- Communications HQs for Navy Command
- Land Rover-Based Training Aids (LBTA) for Army Training Schools
- Communications Training systems at HMS Raleigh
- Equipment Training solutions at HMS Sultan
- Military Vehicles
At our Portland facility, we have a large secure workshop where we undertake the integration of specialist equipment on small military vessels and vehicles.
Reference Sets / Shore Integration Facilities
We hold a number of equipment Reference Sets for the UK MoD which are available for use as Shore Integration Facilities; these include:
- Sonar - Royal Navy Submarines
- HVME - Hull Vibration Monitoring Equipment
- VLF Communications
- Precise Time and Frequency Systems
- MCMV Precise Fixing System
- Secure Information Systems