Drumgrange is working towards certification to BS EN 14001. A schedule to achieve accreditation has the buy-in of the Managing Director and Senior Management Team and has appointed an Environmental Controller, responsible for managing the company's progress.
Drumgrange monitors the implementation of its environmental policy at the bi-monthly management meetings, attended by the Senior Management Team and the Managing Director. A number of in-house initiatives have been implemented via this forum, including on-site facilities to collect paper, plastics, aluminium and toner cartridges for recycling as well as the use of renewable source packaging throughout the warehouse. It is company policy that the last person to leave the building ensures all lights and air-conditioning are switched off.
Compliance with environmental legislation is managed by the Technical Manager. Two key areas implemented have been the use of Restricton of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) compliant components in design and throughout the supply chain and compliance with the WEEE directive.
The following actions have been implemented and are monitored as part of the Company's programme to obtain ISO 14001 accreditation.
(1) Comply with all applicable laws and regulations relating to Drumgrange business and exceed them where possible.
(2) Implement programs and procedures to ensure and monitor compliance with this policy.
(3) Seek to reduce consumption of materials in all operations, re-use rather than dispose whenever possible, and promote recycling and the use of recycled materials.
(4) Ensure that all hazardous waste is removed and disposed of by licensed operators.
(5) Identify and reduce excessive energy consumption.
(6) Reduce, whenever possible, the level of harmful emissions and adopt processes which minimise environmental impact.
(7) Work closely with our Customers, Suppliers and Sub-Contractors to minimise overall impact on the environment.
(8) Educate and provide training to staff, where necessary, to raise awareness of environmental issues and to solicit their support in continually improving the Company's environmental performance.
(9) Conduct periodic evaluation of our compliance and management system and set targets for continual improvement.